Real-Time Operating Systems Design and Implementation
Die Website wird ausschließlich auf Englisch angeboten.
Due to the current situation (COVID-19), this course will be taught pureley virtually. All material will be provided via the Moodle platform (Not ready yet), so that joining this work space is mandatory.
|Lecture Sessions:||Thursday 10:15-13:00|
|Exercise Sessions:||Together with the lecture|
|Associated Persons:||Dr-Ing. Kuan-Hsun Chen (Lecturer)|
|Start of Course:||04.11.2020|
|Credits:||6 (requires successfull participation in labs and finals)|
Due to Covid-19 we decided to teach this course virtually. Please register in the moodle-course (hyperlink above). There you can find teaching material, login data for the virtual course room (lectures and exercises) and further information. If any issues arise, please contact Dr.-Ing. Kuan-Hsun Chen.
Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) are very important to maintain the timeliness of the response in embedded systems. This course will discuss the kernel of real-time operating systems and how to design timing predictable systems for safety-critical and robust applications, such as robotic and automotive systems. The lectures will introduce the theoretical basis of RTOSes, and emphasize hands-on design and implementation of an RTOS.
In this course, we mainly focus on FreeRTOS, which is supported by Amazon Web Services as a specific solution for Internet of Things currently.
- Embedded Systems / Cyber-Physical System Fundemental is required
- Basic knowledge of Operating Systems and C Programming are required
- System Programing and operating Linux expereicne are desired
- Richard Barry, “Using the FreeRTOS Real Time Kernel - a Practical Guide,” Real Time Engineers Ltd, 2011. ISBN: 978-1-4467-6274-5
- Giorgio C. Buttazzo, “Hard Real-Time Computing Systems: Predictable Scheduling Algorithms and Applications”, Springer, Third Edition, 2011. ISBN: 978-1-4614-0675-4
- Alex Hoffman, "FreeRTOS Emulator with SDL2 Based Graphics and Input Library", https://alxhoff.github.io/FreeRTOS-Emulator/index.html New!