Prof. Jian-Jia Chen
Phone +49 231 755-6078
Fax +49 231 755-6116
Secretary: Claudia Graute , send an e-mail, phone: +49 231 755-6112
Technische Universität Dortmund
Fakultät für Informatik, Informatik 12
Office hours: Please send me an e-mail in urgent cases or contact with the secretary.
- Real-time systems
- Cyber-physical systems
- Embedded software
- Low-power software
- Timing predictability
- Fault resilient embedded software
- Distributed computing
Awards and Honors
- European Research Council (ERC) Consolidator Award 2019
- IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS) 2018 Outstanding Paper Award
- IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA) 2018 Best Student Paper Award
- International Conference on Bio-inspired Systems and Signal Processing (BIOSIGNALS) 2018 Best Paper Award
- IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS) 2016 Outstanding Paper Award
- Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS) 2016 Outstanding Paper Award
- IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA) 2015 Best Paper Award
- IEEE/ACM International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis (CODES+ISSS), 2014 Best Paper Award
- International Conference on Smart Cities and Green ICT Systems (Smart-Green), 2014 Best Student Paper Award
- IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA) 2013 Best Paper Award
- IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposiums (RTSS) 2011 Best Paper Candidate
- ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC) 2009 Best Paper Award
- 2006 Institute of Information & Computing Machinery (IICM) Doctoral Dissertation Award
- NTU CSIE 2006 Spring Semester Excellent Teaching Assistant Award (for Game Theory)
- IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA) 2005 Best Paper Award
- Ph.D., 2002--2006, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University
- Graduation: June 2006
- Ph.D. dissertation: Energy-Efficient Scheduling for Real-Time Tasks in Uniprocessor and Homogeneous Multiprocessor Systems Dissertation
- Advisor: Professor Tei-Wei Kuo
- M.Sc., 2001--2002, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering National Taiwan University
- Pursuing Ph.D. degree after the first-year study
- B.S., 1996--2001, Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University
- Juniorprofessor at Faculty of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) Germany, May 2010 - March 2014
- Post-doc at ETHZ, Switzerland, Jan. 2008 -April 2010
- Serviceman (compulsory service) at Fisheries Agency, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan, Taiwan, Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
- Postdoc at CSIE Department NTU, Jul. - Oct. 2006
- Research assistant at CSIE Department NTU, Sep. 2001 - Jun. 2006
- Programmer in INE Technology, May - Nov. 2000
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The campus of TU Dortmund University is located close to interstate junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerlandlinie A 45 (Frankfurt-Dortmund) crosses the Ruhrschnellweg B 1 / A 40. The best interstate exit to take from A 45 is "Dortmund-Eichlinghofen" (closer to Campus Süd), and from B 1 / A 40 "Dortmund-Dorstfeld" (closer to Campus Nord). Signs for the university are located at both exits. Also, there is a new exit before you pass over the B 1-bridge leading into Dortmund.
To get from Campus Nord to Campus Süd by car, there is the connection via Vogelpothsweg/Baroper Straße. We recommend you leave your car on one of the parking lots at Campus Nord and use the H-Bahn (suspended monorail system), which conveniently connects the two campuses.
TU Dortmund University has its own train station ("Dortmund Universität"). From there, suburban trains (S-Bahn) leave for Dortmund main station ("Dortmund Hauptbahnhof") and Düsseldorf main station via the "Düsseldorf Airport Train Station" (take S-Bahn number 1, which leaves every 20 or 30 minutes). The university is easily reached from Bochum, Essen, Mülheim an der Ruhr and Duisburg.
You can also take the bus or subway train from Dortmund city to the university: From Dortmund main station, you can take any train bound for the Station "Stadtgarten", usually lines U41, U45, U 47 and U49. At "Stadtgarten" you switch trains and get on line U42 towards "Hombruch". Look out for the Station "An der Palmweide". From the bus stop just across the road, busses bound for TU Dortmund University leave every ten minutes (445, 447 and 462). Another option is to take the subway routes U41, U45, U47 and U49 from Dortmund main station to the stop "Dortmund Kampstraße". From there, take U43 or U44 to the stop "Dortmund Wittener Straße". Switch to bus line 447 and get off at "Dortmund Universität S".
The AirportExpress is a fast and convenient means of transport from Dortmund Airport (DTM) to Dortmund Central Station, taking you there in little more than 20 minutes. From Dortmund Central Station, you can continue to the university campus by interurban railway (S-Bahn). A larger range of international flight connections is offered at Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), which is about 60 kilometres away and can be directly reached by S-Bahn from the university station.
The H-Bahn is one of the hallmarks of TU Dortmund University. There are two stations on Campus Nord. One ("Dortmund Universität S") is directly located at the suburban train stop, which connects the university directly with the city of Dortmund and the rest of the Ruhr Area. Also from this station, there are connections to the "Technologiepark" and (via Campus Süd) Eichlinghofen. The other station is located at the dining hall at Campus Nord and offers a direct connection to Campus Süd every five minutes.
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".
Site Map of TU Dortmund University (Second Page in English).