Our groups current research activities are focused on the following three directions:
- Real-Time Systems, including formal timing analyses, scheduling algorithm design, real-time operating systems, Worst Case Execution Time, etc.
- Embedded Systems, including system software development, design and optimization for emerging architectures, etc.
- Resource-constrained Data Analyses, including error tolerant neural networks, architecture-aware data analyses, etc.
- Autonomous Robots, including autonomous navigation with cars, simulation, communication, control systems, etc.
- Please contact Harun Teper
If you are interested in writing your thesis in any of the above mentioned research directions please refer to the corresponding people directly for further topic discussions or see the list of available thesis topics below.
Please see the list of completed theses to get an impression of topics provided by our group.
In case you cannot find a suitable one but you are still interested in ES/CPS designs, please refer to the aforementioned LS12 staff.
Currently available thesis topics:
- Generating ISA microbenchmarks for modern RISC microarchitectures !Available Again!
- Energy Optimization for NVM Accesses
- LLVMTA: Adding AARCH64 (ARMv8,9) support to a static WCET analyser (MA)
- Converting and Verifying Resource Sharing Protocols in Real-Time Operating Systems (MA/BA)
- Implementation and Evaluation of Stationary GANG Scheduling (BA/MA)
- Dirichlet-Rescale Algorithm in Numerical Simulation on Real-Time Systems (MA)
Ongoing/Finished thesis topics:
- Error Resilient Structure of Random Forest (MA)
- LLVMTA: Utilising linked binaries for analysed address space
- Framework for Delivering VR Contents Over Wireless Network (BA)
- Multi-Robot Scenario Coordinator for ROS2
- Automatic Exploration of Static Environments using SLAM for Autonomous Robots
- Trajectory Planning for Autonomous Vehicles with Spline Curves
- Benchmark suit for evaluating wear levelling on specific memory regions (BA)
- Framework for Evaluating the Trust- worthiness of Anomaly Detection in Autonomous Vehicles (BA)
- Drone Deployment and Workload Offloading in Decentralized Drone Networks (MA)
- Precise Access Latency Measurement for Integrated FRAM Devices (BA/MA)
- A Realistic Energy Evalution Setup for Scheudling in Multicore Embedded Non-Volatile Memory Systems (BA/MA)
- Offloading Protocols for Multi-Mode Mixed-Criticality Systems (BA)
- Non-Volatile Memory Aware Task Scheduling on Low Power Hardware (BA)
- Verifying Resource Sharing Protocols in Real-Time Operating Systems (MA)
- Efficient Inference of Random Forests on Modern Memory Architectures (BA/MA)
- Supporting Multi-processor Resource Synchronization on Erika RTOS (BA)
- Exploration of K-means Clustering Algorithms on Low-dimensional Datasets (MA)
- Verification for the Concept Drift of Hyper-Parameter when Dataset Shift (BA/MA)
- Non-Volatile Unikernels: Library Support for Non-Volatile Memory in Library OSes (MA)