- Robust and Efficient Machine Learning for Embedded Systems
- Neural Networks
- Decision Trees and Random Forests
- Emerging Low-Power Hardware
- Digital and Analog Computing-based Accelerators
- Neuromorphic Accelerators
- Devices with Approximate Components (Memory, MAC-units, etc.)
- ACM TODAES
- MLCAD 2019 (Subreviewer)
- ISLPED 2020, 2021 (Subreviewer)
- ICCAD 2022 (Subreviewer)
- MDPI Sensors
- Design and Implementation of a Fixed Point FFT Accelerator for Real-time Quantum Spin Noise Spectroscopy (ongoing, Dominik Riemer)
- Optimization of Hardware Design for Real-time Quantum Spin Noise Spectroscopy (ongoing, Sebastian Hilker)
- Design and Evaluation of Accelerator Organizations for Binarzed Neural Networks (completed by Somar Iskif)
- Efficient online learning in Spiking Neural Networks for drifting data streams (completed by Florian Köhler)
- GPU Acceleration for the Inference of Binarized Neural Networks (completed by Leonard Bereholschi)
- Design and Evaluation of Superscalar Processor Organizations for Single-Cycle and pipelined Architectures (completed by Robert Huber)
- Gradient-based Pruning of Binarized Neural Networks (completed by Ole Dickel)
- Hardware Acceleration for Real-time Quantum Spin Noise Spectroscopy (completed by Kevin Goldstein)
- Optimization of Processing Elements for Binarized Neural Networks (completed by Umut Yilmaz)
- Best Paper Nomination at DATE 2021
- SIGDA 2019 MLCAD Student Travel Grant
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The campus of TU Dortmund University is located close to interstate junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerlandlinie A 45 (Frankfurt-Dortmund) crosses the Ruhrschnellweg B 1 / A 40. The best interstate exit to take from A 45 is "Dortmund-Eichlinghofen" (closer to Campus Süd), and from B 1 / A 40 "Dortmund-Dorstfeld" (closer to Campus Nord). Signs for the university are located at both exits. Also, there is a new exit before you pass over the B 1-bridge leading into Dortmund.
To get from Campus Nord to Campus Süd by car, there is the connection via Vogelpothsweg/Baroper Straße. We recommend you leave your car on one of the parking lots at Campus Nord and use the H-Bahn (suspended monorail system), which conveniently connects the two campuses.
TU Dortmund University has its own train station ("Dortmund Universität"). From there, suburban trains (S-Bahn) leave for Dortmund main station ("Dortmund Hauptbahnhof") and Düsseldorf main station via the "Düsseldorf Airport Train Station" (take S-Bahn number 1, which leaves every 20 or 30 minutes). The university is easily reached from Bochum, Essen, Mülheim an der Ruhr and Duisburg.
You can also take the bus or subway train from Dortmund city to the university: From Dortmund main station, you can take any train bound for the Station "Stadtgarten", usually lines U41, U45, U 47 and U49. At "Stadtgarten" you switch trains and get on line U42 towards "Hombruch". Look out for the Station "An der Palmweide". From the bus stop just across the road, busses bound for TU Dortmund University leave every ten minutes (445, 447 and 462). Another option is to take the subway routes U41, U45, U47 and U49 from Dortmund main station to the stop "Dortmund Kampstraße". From there, take U43 or U44 to the stop "Dortmund Wittener Straße". Switch to bus line 447 and get off at "Dortmund Universität S".
The AirportExpress is a fast and convenient means of transport from Dortmund Airport (DTM) to Dortmund Central Station, taking you there in little more than 20 minutes. From Dortmund Central Station, you can continue to the university campus by interurban railway (S-Bahn). A larger range of international flight connections is offered at Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), which is about 60 kilometres away and can be directly reached by S-Bahn from the university station.
The H-Bahn is one of the hallmarks of TU Dortmund University. There are two stations on Campus Nord. One ("Dortmund Universität S") is directly located at the suburban train stop, which connects the university directly with the city of Dortmund and the rest of the Ruhr Area. Also from this station, there are connections to the "Technologiepark" and (via Campus Süd) Eichlinghofen. The other station is located at the dining hall at Campus Nord and offers a direct connection to Campus Süd every five minutes.